WALK THROUGH HISTORY
Customize your visit:
(YOUR CHOICE TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TOUR)
• Artifact Find: Explore the museum site on assignment (Free by request)
• Explore and Answer: Questions based on the buildings, students will explore the museum looking for the answers.
• Let’s Make a Trade: Game where each student receives an item, they create a story around that item and trade it with other members of their group. When the time is up, the tour guide will see you made the best deal, and trace an item through the trading process.
• Schoolhouse Lesson: Choose from a list of lessons we have available and during your tour the guide will take an extra ten to fifteen minutes teaching the class
• Write History: a story that will be written in groups of 4-6, generic introduction about a museum worker who accidentally sets off a time machine. Students have to use the knowledge they learned from the tour in order to write 4-6 sentences about a historic event where they choose a genre. (comedy, horror, drama, sci-fi, etc.)
• Pioneer Baking: Prearrange a demonstration of our wood fired clay oven, and enjoy freshly baked cinnamon buns for your tour. *(Cost $3/person+admission)
(CHOOSE TOURS TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR VISIT)
I. PIONEERS & TRAIL BLAZERS
SETTLEMENT & PIONEER LIFE 1800'S
II. BEAVER TALES
EXPLORATION & EARLY SETTLERS
(FUR TRADE & FRENCH FOCUS) 1600 & 1700'S
III. BUILDING OF A NATION
UNITING A NATION...CANADA COMES OF AGE
THE 1800'S & 1900'S
IV. REFLECTIONS OF THE NORTH
Tour the narrative collection of paintings by Kirk Sauer that highlight elements of culture and society of Canada's Northern peoples.
Educational resource guide available, and curriculum tie-ins along with hands on activities - on exhibition June 1 - July 31, 2016